My friends April and Mindy threw me and the baby boy a totally fantabulous shower last weekend. My generous friends provided us with all sorts of baby items that are NOT pink--this is an important detail since I'd gotten rid of bunches of baby things, and so was lacking in the blue department, but let's not go into the cultural mores of blue versus pink and all that jazz.
In any case, the most amazing part was the cake made by my friend Jewel. Isn't it awesome? She spent like 9 some-odd hours on it, because obviously, she has far more patience for detail than I do. It was very intricate and this picture does not do it justice, but one, I played with Photoshop for awhile to see what I could come up with, and two, I did manage to save the little guy on top from my ravenous and devouring children and take a close up of him, just so you could see it.
Sariah did eat the arms off of him not too long after I took this picture. Even now, looking at the picture, she says, "That's Samuel, and I like his arms. Yum, yum, yum!"
Anyhow, don't I love you all? And by the way, the cake was really yummy, too!




this is freakin AMAZING! She is so talented at making cakes. It really makes me want to get into it! YUM!
ReplyDeleteWOW, that is so awesome. Almost makes me what to have a baby...
ReplyDeleteApril Fools!
It is totally awesome though... amazing detail