First Day of School 2009! We had to find a new location, as we are now lacking the redbud tree we'd been using since Hannah's first day of kindergarten. But not to worry! We have a baby tree again, and it looks much better than I remembered it did.
My dream tree has always been a sugar maple. They're gorgeous trees, and they're supposed to have spectacular fall foliage. Just not in Oklahoma. I never planted one at our old house, because all the local nursery owners told me I was right--a fabulous tree, just not in Oklahoma, so most of the time, they don't even carry them.
Fast forward 10 years, to when we move into our new home. There's a sugar maple planted out front, the only tree on the property. Our builder is quite proud of it: "It's a good tree!"
But it's looked pretty pathetic. Kind of drought-stricken. I think Bob may want to rip it out. I can't bear the thought of ripping out a fairly well-established sapling. Which is pathetic looking. But I will tell you: its foliage is much more brilliant than anything I ever saw the sweet gum tree do.
Stay tuned to find out where next year's school pics are....

No comments:
Post a Comment